Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013!

Yesterday, as the New Year approached, I read the endless posts on Facebook about the new year and 2012. It got me thinking a lot about what 2012 meant for our family. I realized that while my life is not perfect, it really is in all the ways that matter. It is easy to get wrapped up in the things that we are often missing in our lives or get caught in the monotony of everyday life, but our little family has much to be thankful for in 2012. Our boys are wonderful, fun and changing every day. I am privileged to spend so much time with them and am thankful for the time at home with them. I have a loving and supportive family; finally, we all have our health. So as 2012 ends for us, I felt it important to focus on all the wonderful things we have and the excitement and change that we are about to embrace as we welcome a daughter and the boys a little sister to our family in early March!

To ring in the New Year we went into the city to a dinner party with friends. Tierney and Joe hosted it at their apartment and friends made a delicious dinner that was diabetes friendly.  It was a wonderful time and we got to enjoy some adult time, always a treat for us.

Yummy appetizers.

Good conversations!

Beautiful table!

Friends!


I hope this year brings more contentment to everyone's lives and a change to focus on all we have, instead of those things that might not be exactly as we wish. And finally, I hope this year brings health to many friends and family who have struggled with illness this year. Happy New Year, I can't wait to see what 2013 brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment