Friday, September 30, 2011

Cape May!

To me, Cape May is one of the most special places on earth.  I grew up going to Cape May every summer and my mom spent her summers there as a kid at her parents' summer home.  I don't know what it is about Cape May--the Victorian Houses, the beautiful beach, the undeveloped boardwalk--but I just love being there.  I think this is rubbing off on the boys, especially Stephen who keeps saying even a week after coming home that he wants to go to Cape May.

Our week there was not uneventful.  Both the boys got a bit of a cold, and with all of us in one room, one of them was up every hour. We had a great trip aside from some lack of sleep on Stephen and my parts!





We got a really big turtle.


A city boy (my husband) flies a kite. 



Stephen flies a kite.

Stephen chased seagulls!

We got to see Mary, Oscar, and Billy-




And because no Jersey vacation is complete without a trip to the arcade...






 we got to go to the Cape May lighthouse on our last day.  Stephen was very excited about this and insisted on touching it.



One of the highlights of our trip was getting to feed the turtles!!  Stephen talked about feeding it shrimp all day.


We had a great trip.  I can't wait to head back next summer.

2 comments:

  1. When were you there? Doesn't look like any people are on the beach???

    We've been going to Cape May for years. Usually the 2nd week of August. Love that place!!!

    http://knowak.typepad.com/knowak/2011/08/cape-may-vacation.html

    http://knowak.typepad.com/knowak/2007/08/cape-may-the-va.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh....love the pics!!! Already waiting eagerly to play again next year...with our 'Georgia'!

    ReplyDelete